YOKU believes in great, timeless design. We have spent almost 2 years so far creating and refining the design of YOKU in an effort to create a thing of beauty, that works like magic and outlasts its owner.
It is one of our goals to ultimately win design awards for YOKU so we thought we would start that journey with an entry intoIDA Design Awards.
Whilst slightly lesser known than some other more established product design awards, the IDA Design Awards are set up to cater for new, innovative designs from emerging designers and specifically have a fashion > accessories sub-category which is where YOKU as a product sits
We were able to provide photos of our initial 3d printed prototypes (taken by the amazing Joel Pratley), as well as a selfie video of me showing how it worked and some basic information on both the prototype and the ethos of YOKU the brand
IDA judged on 10 criteria
- Innovation — does the design stand out, provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product or service?
- Aesthetics — artistic value of the form, shape, color, texture, finishing, engineering, material used, etc.
- Functionality — ease of use, safety and maintenance.
- Ergonomics — the overall interaction with the user.
- Durability — the quality and longevity of the design.
- Impact — the benefits delivered to the user and/or society by the design.
- Utility — does the design meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility — potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- Feasibility of production — how realistic is it, technically and economically, to bring this design to production and broad-scale use
- Emotional quotient (EQ) — in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, will the design create a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction?
All things that we have deeply considered in the design and manufacture of YOKU
We are excited and proud for this milestone and thank you for being on the journey with us so far